It’s so weird and great to see that my body can now do things it couldn’t do 9 weeks ago. I still can’t quite do one legged push-ups, but I don’t do girly ones either I can now do real push-ups which is cool. I can also do more than one burpee without feeling like I’m going to pass-out, and I no longer finish last when it comes to suicide runs down the gym. My lungs still burn and I still feel like death after them, but I’m not last and considering how much taller than me most people are, then that’s pretty awesome stuff for these short legs!
The next thing on my list is finally going for runs with my friend AG. We’ve talked about doing a 5km run at some point this summer, and truth be told it scares me. I know it’s silly because I’ve been working up to it for the last few months, but it is one thing to do push-ups and run a mile on a treadmill and a whole other thing to run outside.
Still, I’ve never been one to back down from a challenge and I know that once I get started with real life running it will put to rest that crazy fear I have of breaking my leg again. At least I hope it will and if it doesn’t well at least I will have faced my fear and/or passed out from running outside for two minutes, I’ll keep you all posted.
For now it’s down to business as we approach the final stretch of my personal training journey, and I get used to the idea of being left to my own devices by RubySlippers. On the bright side, since she’s leaving and I don’t really feel like trying out any of the other PTs at the gym, I guess I’ll have time and money for a long overdue vacation.
On Today’s Menu:
- RubySlippers says back to basics
- Butt Master
- Lateral Squats
- Split Squats
- One legged dead lifts
- Reverse lunges
- And some more illegible scribbles
- Oh and of course this last one is legible and says STEP UP FAIL! In my own defense, this was not entirely my fault. You see Rubyslippers attempted to have me do some step ups, with weights in hand of course, on a regular bench. The idea is that you step up with proper form, which means not using your hands to stabilize yourself. Unfortunately being vertically challenge, by the time I get my first leg up on the bench that knee is already bent and at my chest level (ok maybe not quite there but almost) so that means that I’m left to climb with my other leg onto the bench and of course proper form goes out the window.
- So after a few more attempts in baby giraffe mode and some laughing out loud from my evil trainer she said that perhaps it was time to try something else. Of course as I was laughing it off and trying to forget the embarrassment of it all, RubySlippers picked up my training journal and still laughing says: “Take a break, I’m writing this down and watching my writing, just for you so you remember this” *LOL*
IIII IIII II
Sets Completed: IIII
Favorite words of the day: #It’s step up not climb up girl! #Why are you using your hands? #So maybe the bench is too high for you…maybe…but try it again to be sure
Side Effects: #LOL
Pros: #My body is changing #Getting stronger #Noticeable improvement #No more The Walking Dead spoilers #What to watch on Sunday nights??? RubySlippers suggest Vampire Diaries or Pretty Little Liars… #No! #We all know that’s how I got sucked into watching Gossip Girl #Yes, I know, LOL, it’s sad! #Fun SNL chat #Five Timers Club is Legit!
Post-Workout: Rowing Sprints. Will 500m ever stop feeling like a lifetime away?
Last Thoughts: Why am I so hungry?!?
Note to self: Visualize running outdoors because the time is near…*gulp*
My Challenge 2U:
- Love yourself, if you do others will follow
- Be kind to others and Karma will be kind to you
- Smile and chose to be happy!
- Now that warmer weather is here go for a brisk walk or even a run and get those endorphins flowing
- Stay safe, if the area you live in isn’t safe for outdoor activities then just try some jumping jacks and squats during commercial breaks, your body will thank you
- Try to look on the bright side of things. Think of one good thing about your day and use it as happy fuel
- If your day totally sucks, and it happens we all have bad days, but there’s not point to dragging it out any longer than you have to so go to bed early. Get plenty of rest, you’ll do better tomorrow 🙂
- Train hard and don’t suck the joy out of your own achievements by comparing yourself to others, we are all different.
Remember that the only person you are racing against is the old you, the static you, the lazy you, the sugar craving carboholic, the one who was holding you back and not making you happy, that’s the only you to beat, that’s your strongest competition, and your biggest roadblock! So challenge yourself, face your fears, and keep moving forward! It’s not easy, but it’s worth it and like RubySlippers says: “You’ve got this!”