Have you ever wondered what you’re waiting for? Are you waiting for good things to happen or to lose more weight before you try or do something you really want to do? Or are you waiting for the stars to align and the universe to change so you can be happy? But really, why wait? If you think about it, you don’t have to wait because you can make it all happen!
You and you alone are responsible for the happiness or lack thereof in your life. Life isn’t perfect, it’s messy and there are good and bad days, but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad life. You have it in you to make the best of what you have and also to work hard for something better. It might not magically get better overnight, but if you keep at it, it will eventually get better. You just have to change your outlook on life, because your perception has a lot to do with whether or not you’ll succeed.
Think about where you are in life right now, think about how you feel and about what or how this could get better. Now as long as your happiness doesn’t involve hurting others, then go out there and make it happen. Life doesn’t always turn out the way we expect it to, but sometimes it turns out better and the way it should. It all depends on the choices we make and the chances and changes we are prepared to make.
Sometimes we make wrong choices and we screw up and find ourselves drifting further and further from our initial goals and it’s fine we’re human these things happen. Other times we lose sight of who and what is important, and at times even lose ourselves in the process, but that doesn’t mean it’s over. It simply means it’s time to regroup, take responsibility for our lapses in judgement and change. So own up to your mistakes, stop blaming others because if you keep pointing fingers or holding grudges you’ll always keep looking back and you’ll never truly move forward.
Close your eyes and visualize exactly what would make you happy and challenge yourself to do what it takes to get there. Take a mental inventory of your life and start de-cluttering mentally, emotionally and physically.
- Mentally let go of negative thoughts, fears and that little voice who lies each time it says you can’t.
- Emotionally let go of the past, stop picking at those scabs and scars on your heart and soul, they’re proof that you’re on the mend so stop trying to keep those wounds open just let them heal and seal away.
- Physically de-clutter your living spaces. Clean out drawers, closets, desks, tables, cabinets and any other storage area of unnecessary things. You might not be as far gone as the people on those hoarding shows, but if you go through your things you’ll find plenty of stuff you could do without. So get rid of it! Especially the stuff you pine over, if it’s over then it’s over so move on because he or she has and so should you! While you’re at it also take a break from the people who bring negativity into your life, you need time to work on you and dealing with them won’t help your cause
The onus is on you to change you and the things in your life that need changing. There are so many tools and resources out there you just have to start looking and don’t be afraid to ask for help. Sometimes you might need professional help to get through certain things, and that’s ok. Forget the stigma just do what you have to to get to a better place. If you can’t afford it or maybe don’t want to talk it out, then go for a run it will either leave you so exhausted that your mind will only be able to focus on trying to breathe and not passing out or get your endorphins pumping. Either way for those two minutes or two hours you’ll get your mind off of whatever is bothering you. Give it a try and let me know how it goes, my lungs are burning just from thinking of running 🙂
This might sound cliche but there is truth in old saying like “where there’s a will there’s a way” and “ask and you shall receive” and lets not forget “what goes around comes around”…
- Decide what you want out of life and start doing your homework on what you’ll have to do to get there.
- Be careful and clear with what you ask for, as you might get exactly what you ask for
- Be kind to others and do good, because Karma knows where and when to find you. It’s not afraid to sucker punch you when you least expect it!
I don’t know where you are in life or how far off the deep end you might be, but I do know that no matter how dark the day there’s always hope in each and everyone of us. No matter how many horrible people and things are out there, there are still good people, love and beautiful things out there too. So let go of yesterday, live today fully, and don’t worry about tomorrow it will come soon enough.
On Today’s Menu:
- Choose to be Happy!
- Be Kind!
- Do Good!
- Don’t quit!
- Make better choices!
- Stop blaming others!
- Seek help if you need to!
- Don’t wait for things to just happen, make them happen!
- Ask yourself everyday how does it get any better than this? (Believe and the Universe will answer)
If your Disney inner child is still in there somewhere, then maybe it’s time you both revisited Pinocchio and remembered…
“When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you
If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme…”
– Disney Pinocchio
It’s as true today as it was back then:)